I recently attended a luncheon that discussed the topic of Social Media ROI or Return on Investment. It was an interesting presentation but ultimately I came out with more questions than answers.
What that said, here are a few things that I did learn from the presentation:
91% of Online adults use social media regularly
Digital Brand Identity
This is the heart and soul of your business, especially as it relates social media. You may have a company logo, letterhead, signage, business cards, etc, but what does your digital brand look like?
- Pushing information out to potential customers
- Cold calls
- Billboards / Ads
- People tune these types of conversations out
- Pulling customers to your business
- 61% cheaper in a cost per lead vs outbound
Social Media is used to:
- Current and potential customers
- Others in similar niche
- Professional community
- Your corporate mission with confidence, clarity and integrity
- Sharing of ideas, information and resources
- With customers, clients, community, etc
- Become known as an expert
What is my people strategy?
- Don’t spam
- Listen, engage and make new friends
- Show interest
- Add value
Social Media Goals:
- – Control your image
- – Build Community
- – Position yourself and your company as an expert
Build a community:
- Add insane value
- Establish the right voice
- Create real relationships
- It’s not about the number of Twitter followers or Likes on a Facebook page
- Position yourself as a leader in your industry
Set yourself up so that people search you out!
Steps to get started:
- If you have not claimed your digital identity, DO IT NOW!!
- Look at how similar businesses are handling social media
- Develop a strategy for implementing your digital identity
- Establish your company into the social media arena and start engaging
So, do you have a social media / digital identity? If not, what are you waiting for?